foodzings

has been moved to new address

http://www.foodzings.com/

See you there!!!

foodzings: Some Treats from Sierra Leone

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Some Treats from Sierra Leone

My friend runs this fantastic monthly movie watching and discussion group called Javaflix. We watch a movie, then we talk about it, and then just hang out. It's totally cool. Last week, we watched Blood Diamond (yeah, so freakin heartwarming), but the best part was that there were guests there from Sierra Leone, and they brought some homemade vittles! Whoohoo!


Some simple, yet delicious, fried sweet potatoes. I love me some sweet potatoes. Seriously, my favorite root vegetable of all time.



Again, some simple fried sweet plantains. You all already know how much I freakin love me some plantains!


The piece de resistance? A fish stew... or as they call in Sierra Leone, soup. Yeppers, they call stew soup there. So behold the fish soup. It mostly consisted of sweet and melt in your mouth onions, some red and green onions, and just a smattering of fish thrown in there. It wasn't as spicy as it looks... it looks more lethal than it was. It was just good. Greasy and delicious. I want to learn how to make this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home